Thursday, January 20, 2011

Geocaching

Whilst I must admit geocaching would definitely bring some fun into the library I personally hated orienteering at school. Not all people have handheld GPS devices or phones with those capabilities, especially not children, who I feel would be the majority interested in this. Also the time restraints would make it difficult. Most people would be participating outside of school and work hours so unless we are going to keep the libraries open for longer hours I don’t know how it would work The treasures would have to be placed outside of the library, which then defeats the purpose of getting patrons into the library.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your blog. I agree with many of your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the thing which appeals to me about geocaching is the ability to stay metro while doing it! I remember orienteering as a teen, it was torture. I can see a city based treasure hunt being a heap more fun (with plenty of opportunities for coffee breaks ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most obvious uses to me would be as part of school holiday and CBW activities which as you point out are for children.

    ReplyDelete